greek mythology - cassandra
noble by birth and renowned for her near-divine beauty and ready wit, her oft-bruised femininity and steady chaste virtue, coveted by lustful apollo, brought about her ruin; when portentous voices whisper to her through the wind and from beneath the ground and she translates them aloud for everyone to hear, she is ridiculed and spurned. her fall prefigures that of troy but no one listens as her distress tumbles from her eyes. she watches troy burn. she knows that she goes to her foreseen execution and yet for a snatched moment she stands in the perished ruins of her faithless city and the ghostliest of smiles rises unbidden from her lips.
- earl grey: how do you take your tea?
- lady grey: favorite outfit?
- irish breakfast: what country do you want to visit?
- chamomile: comfort movie?
- peppermint: what's your favorite holiday and why?
- milk: do you have any allergies?
- sugar: tell me about your first crush
- honey: type out the last text you sent
- green tea: where do you feel most at peace?
- bubble tea: what ride would you pick at an amusement park?
- mug: when/where do you normally drink tea?
- chai: what do you order at starbucks?
- oolong: what are you hoping to be doing in ten years?
If you think “alternative” beauty means over 100 pictures in a row of white, skinny girls who happen to have chosen to dye their hair and get piercings and tattoos, then I think you are deeply embedded in the exact mind set you so proudly say you have have risen above.
Oh no god forbid teen girls want to dress up and look how they want without stealing from any closed cultures or hurting anyone.
It don’t think that they’re saying that teen girls dressing how they want is bad. I think they’re saying that if you think the extreme is met at these terms (the key ones being white, skinny girls) , then you have a narrow mindset. If I am not mistaken, they’re attacking the idea that only skinny girls can be attractive, that only white girls can be beautiful, and not the concept of expressing yourself through body art.
allies insisting that theyre part of the LGBTQAI+ acronym is like someone insisting that their name should be in the credits of a movie they had nothing to do with
"I spent money to go SEE the movie, didn’t I??? Without the support of fans like me, who pay to go see movies, movies wouldn’t even exist!!!!1"